Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tale from the road

En route to work this morning - Unusual traffic jam on the road leading to the freeway. I was stuck right before the ramp, such that it was impossible to turn around and neither could I make it to 805-N ramp.

After the car had only moved 5 feet in 5 minutes, I decided to act smart. I got on the 805-S ramp (which was accessible), planning to turn around at the next exit.

Turns out other people had had the same bright idea so the next exit was jammed as well.

So I decided to take the exit after that one. I hit the accelerator hard, and promptly zoomed right past the next exit. Shit.

Just as I finally got off 805-S, my phone started buzzing. I looked away for one second to see who was calling and managed to miss the 805-N ramp.#$%!

After waiting (cursing) at the longest red light in the world, I got back on another freeway and exited near my office.

Being unaccustomed to that route, I proceeded to make some more dumb moves. Like hanging out on left-only lanes MULTIPLE times when I needed to go straight. I literally circled all around my office campus before I made it in.

It took me 50 minutes to cover 7 miles to work today. Other colleagues from my my neighborhood who just stuck it out in the jam made it to work in 35 minutes tops.

Certainly not the smartest day of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Having such a day, so close to the finals would certainly shake my confidence. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! But on the bright side, at least I made it without mishaps. Unlike the poor lady who bumped another car and was bawling her eyes out on the freeway shoulder.

    ReplyDelete