Friday, March 18, 2011

The secret FEMBA

I can't imagine what it must be like to do this program in secret. There are quite a few people who don't want their superiors to know about their MBA pursuit . The need for secrecy is understandable since most people go for the MBA only if they are looking to change their careers. But how anyone could maintain the secret is beyond me. How can you attend weekly classes , do daily homework, study for exams, attend events, and not breathe a word about any of it at the workplace for THREE years?!

I'm very fortunate that my team supports my education (since it ties in to my day job). Of course, I'm very careful about not letting the MBA workload get in the way of my productivity and hours put in at work. Regardless, it's nice to be able to ask my colleagues to explain financial concepts, or occasionally whine about missing my free weekends, or getting permission to leave a couple hours early the day before an exam.

Mamma taught me to be grateful for such small mercies. So I definitely shouldn't complain about the economics and accounting exams that I'm going to be taking back to back tomorrow. Right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment