Monday, November 22, 2010

Defining Nothing

Last week:
Q: What are you doing over the Thanksgiving break?
Me: Absolutely nothing and really looking forward to it! I desperately need a lazy weekend to rest up.

Since yesterday:
Person A: You're coming to XYZ's place for the Thanksgiving dinner, right?
Me: Oh yes, I even promised to cook a traditional dish for the occasion.

Person B: We're on for long bike rides, yes?
Me: Absolutely. At least twice over the 4 days.

Person C: I'm hosting a movie night at my place, you in?
Me: Sure!

Girl friends: We totally need to shop on Black Friday.
Me: Of course! I have a long list of stores to visit and things to buy.

Mom: So are you still planning on turning out your closets and cleaning the house?
Me: Yea Ma, I can't push it out any further.

Atlas Shrugged/Under the Tuscan Sun/Liar's Poker: Dude, you gotta finish reading us.
Me: I fully intend to over the weekend!

Final exam: I'm right around the corner! Don't you need to study?
Me: Er, yes yes. I plan to catch up with stats over the break.

And that's how I'm doing "nothing" over the upcoming long weekend. I hope you guys do a better job of sticking to your original plans! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. You can't do nothing, can you. Ah! The pleasures of lying lazily under the blankets on a cold winter morning.

    ReplyDelete